Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Random Tuesday: Evening Gardening and Mac n Cheese Fries

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Happy Tuesday, My Lovelies!  Is it hot where you are?  It sure is hot here in Central Alabama.  I'm staying inside except in the early AM and evening, where it is cool up here on the mountain (we had to turn on our space heater last night).

I've been getting up extra early to sweep our patio and garden.  I really need to stay out of the sun right now anyway.


Our potted roses are growing and blooming like mad!




I can sit in the shade late in the afternoon.




This MacKenzie-Childs fish chair planter is my Mother's Day present.  




This giant planter contains roses, plumbago, petunias, and a sweet potato vine.




Shelley saw a video on Facebook for Mac n Cheese Fries, and she begged me to make them for her, so I did.



This is how you make it.  It's a fun treat for leftover Mac n Cheese.  I started with the Southern Living recipe for baked Mac n Cheese that can be found here.  Or you can use your favorite mac n cheese recipe.

Mac n Cheese Fries

Ingredients:
Leftover Mac n Cheese
1 cup four
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups panko bread crumbs (I used The Fresh Market's Italian flavored panko bread crumbs)
Crisco oi for frying

Procedure:
Slice the mac n cheese into strips.  Roll in flour, then dip in eggs.  Next, roll in panko bread crumbs and place in hot oil and fry until golden brown.

You need a good fry sauce for dipping.  I suggest Freddy's Fry Sauce or Sir Kensington's Sriracha Mayonnaise.  






Surprisingly, the mac n cheese gets really gooey on the inside.  I didn't think it would melt that well!



I've been reading design books and magazines like mad looking for fun projects to tackle later in the summer and autumn.  In the meantime, I'm filling the house with grocery store flowers for no reason other than I want to do it.  I guess that our backyard, patio, and deck looks nice, and the inside looks sad without flowers!









What projects are you currently working on?  Let me know how you're spending your summer by leaving a comment!


Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

8 comments

  1. Absolute beauty!

    Fried mac and cheese? Yes please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your patio is beautiful RJ and so are all of your flowers. Fabulous Mother's Day gift. I love to pick up flowers at the supermarket, like you, just because. Just makes the house seem so summery. The mac and cheese looks delis.
    Happy summer……….

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling much better! Your flowers are just beautiful. I love your Mother's Day present! That friend MnC looks sinfully delicious. I'll have to try that for a little treat for Ray. I have been reading a lot, doing shell projects. I am going to post my topiaries later. Off to Costco!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patio is so pretty. The mac and cheese bites look yummy. Your chair planter you got for Mother's Day is so sweet and beautiful. Have a great rest of your week.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh such lovely photos of flowers and the fried mac and cheese sounds nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Mother's Day gift is fabulous as are your roses and your relaxing outdoor space.

    I'm not working on any projects now, but I'm trying to talk myself into painting our hallway myself. I'm trying to save up to pay our painter to change our bedroom, hallway and living room from yellow to white. I'm thinking that if I can paint the hallway then maybe I can do all of the painting and save myself $3000.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful flowers and patio! We are so far behind that I haven't even got my flowers inn yet! ;(

    I have heard of fried mac and cheese, never tried it but can imagine that it is yummy! Yours look delicious and tempting!

    As far as summer projects, I have so much to do I don't quite know where to begin! Inside and outside! Including getting my flowers in today! Have a nice weekend!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your flowers are so lovely! That fried mac'n'cheese looks amazing...I'm saving it for when I can have dairy again. I think Fedora would love it, too. Thanks for testing the recipe and sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram