Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

The Forest Feast

Thursday, June 4, 2015

 photo 39886747-e8ed-4b29-9ddf-2582377311da.jpg


Happy Delicious Thursday!  I hope you're enjoying fresh produce from your local farmer's market.   Today I want to share with you one of my very favorite recipe books:  The Forest Feast by Erin Gleeson.  I cannot say enough positive things about this gorgeous cookbook.  The recipes are simple, but delicious.  Please take the time to watch the book trailer below:


Please check out Erin's website, too!


This recipe book is now my go-to resource for easy entertaining.  I want to try the dips and dressing ideas in the book, and  I love the recipe for watermelon radish salad. I think watermelon radishes are so pretty! This salad looks pretty on the plate, too.

Here is how I served it:

Watermelon Radish Salad

Ingredients:
1 large watermelon radish
2 peeled oranges
1/2 red onion sliced into very thin rings
2 chopped scallions
Procedure:
Arrange ingredients on a pretty platter in the order listed above.  Then drizzle on champagne vinaigrette (the vinaigrette recipe is my own).

Champagne Vinaigrette

Ingredients:
1 T Dijon mustard
1/8 cup champagne vinegar
1 T fresh lemon juice
1 T honey (I used gallberry honey)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Procedure:
Mix all ingredients together with a whisk except olive oil. Then slowly add olive oil to mixture while whisking rapidly.


Please check-out this lovely cookbook before you begin your summer entertaining.  It's a treat for the eyes!

Amazon also sells other fun products from The Forest Feast line.  Check out a few of my favorites:








I bought this cute little notebook set.  I keep the smaller one in my purse.



Have you run across any fantastic cookbooks?  Please share in the comment section!

Until next time…

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

10 comments

  1. I love beautiful cookbooks that have good food in them too. Funny but the two don't always go together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Forest Feast cookbook! Our farmers market open today...yay...and my CSA starts next week. My favorite time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never even heard of that cookbook! I am trying to get my collection DOWN to a manageable size. I have been doing a lot of looking for recipes online. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm off to check that out. It looks fantastic. Also looks like something I'd love to give as a gift (after I get mine! haha..)

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so love cookbooks and yours is new to me! How great that you've shared it with us today, I'll be checking out Forest Feast things now! I'll be back, your blog sure looks awesome!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have some new recipes to try. The dressing sounds very good. We went to the Farmer's Market for the first time last Saturday. Our garden is not ready at all for produce, well maybe the radish are close. ;)

    I have to agree with you, by the photos you posted, this is an absolutely beatuiful book and favors related.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The radish salad with your dressing sounds so yummy. Bring on the summer!!! Can't wait to try it!
    I don't buy many cookbook these days, but there are some awesome ones, aren't there?
    I had to do some catching up here RJ. I am so behind in my blogging,but tonight I just felt like doing some catching up with friends like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how I love a pretty cookbook. Reminds me of Susan Branch. Do you know her books? I have almost all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing my work! Happy cooking!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram