Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

My Happy List: Seriously Random Happy

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

 photo dd2f33f8-f54a-49c0-ac26-979135625109.jpg



Happy Tuesday, My Lovelies!  It is a gorgeous day in Central Alabama, and I just finished a long walk.  *happy*

My Happy List

1.   Friday, March 14 (3.14), is National Pi Day.  Will you be celebrating?


I certainly will be!!!  I'm making something special from this book for Literary Friday.  You'll have to come back Friday morning and drool see the recipe!




2.   Here are two random photos that have made me happy this week!


Loki wasn't in the Dark World long enough IMHO....
We watched it over the weekend.  It was very good, otherwise!




What did Harry Potter order @ Starbucks???

Sorry, but getting in touch with my inner nerd makes me happy!


3.   Although my daughter didn't pledge my sorority, I'm so happy she pledged DZ.  These girls aren't vapid, selfish little spoiled brats.  Please take the time to watch this video.  These girls raised thousands of dollars for Children's Hospital of Alabama as one of their sisters is fighting cancer.  This goes above and beyond their other philanthropies.  


A Big never lets her Little fight cancer alone.



Delta Zeta's Philanthropy Chair at the University of Alabama shaves head when fundraising goal is reached in honor of Corbyn.


What's making you happy today?

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

12 comments

  1. Oh I'm so happy to see you doing this again. I thought you had stopped and these posts always brighten my day and make me think about what has made me happy. Looks like you had a lot to be happy about even if you do consider it random.

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am planning on celebrating Pi Day, but I have not settled on what kind of pie. I have to make a St. Patrick's Day desert for our street party the next day so I want to keep it simple. I am leaning toward banana cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot to be happy about! I remember Loki from the Norse myths mythology.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back RJ's happy!!!! Yay! I am going to get some tissues and then watch that video as I have a feeling it is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great happy list. The video was so heart touching. Yeah for your walk. We will be celebrating PI day in our house. The boys love it when we do. They are math nerds and I love it. You can keep showing your nerdy side. I love it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a happy week! I was a DZ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What makes me happy right now is reading your blog, finding how young people can be beautifully unselfish all while listening to Muse thanks to your previous post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watching the little birdies on my deck eating the bird seeds I put out makes me happy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My sister is a huge Loki fangirl. She'd love that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list. I am doing Pi Day - in fact we already did it as I"m going to be away for the actual day (post coming soon). I love your stairs. You are such a fearless decorator. I love how you do what makes you happy and those stairs are certainly happiness inducing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pi day! I had forgotten, amidst the chaos. Thanks! I'll have to make shepherd's pie or some such for dinner (already planning kedgeree and colcannon for Monday). Phew!

    And that's awesome that DZ is so involved in philanthropy! It sounds like Shanley Belle picked a good one! Nerd up, my friend. :D
    (did I tell you I'm now a bartender at a geek-themed restaurant in Seattle? I'm working on increasing my nerd wardrobe)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram