Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Musical Mondays: My Love/Hate Relationship With Imagine Dragons ;P

Monday, February 10, 2014

Today has been hard because it's the first day since losing Bonnie that I've been home all day by myself.  I miss my little shadow so much!  *sadface*

I've been productive, though.  I'm trying to finish my January goals of sorting, organizing, and donating books.  I've also been doing laundry ahead of yet another winter storm because this time with the icing we may lose power.

I've been listening to Pandora radio, and I must confess that I have a love/hate relationship with Imagine Dragons.  "Radioactive" is not a favorite (probably due to The Host trailers), and "Demons" is definitely growing on me.  I think I'm really smitten by it!





"Demons" Lyrics

When the days are cold
And the cards all fold
And the saints we see
Are all made of gold

 When your dreams all fail
And the ones we hail
Are the worst of all
And the blood’s run stale

I wanna hide the truth
I wanna shelter you
But with the beast inside
There’s nowhere we can hide
No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide

At the curtain’s call
It's the last of all
When the lights fade out
All the sinners crawl

So they dug your grave
And the masquerade
Will come calling out
At the mess you've made

Don't wanna let you down
But I am hell bound
Though this is all for you
Don't wanna hide the truth

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed
This is my kingdom come
This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide

They say it's what you make
I say it's up to fate
It's woven in my soul
I need to let you go

Your eyes, they shine so bright
I wanna save that light
I can't escape this now
Unless you show me how

When you feel my heat
Look into my eyes
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide
Don’t get too close
It’s dark inside
It’s where my demons hide
It’s where my demons hide

Stay warm, my friends in the Southeast!  We're under the gun yet again! *sighs*

Please join Miss Angie @ Musical Mondays!


Until next time…
Blessings!
Ricki Jill

9 comments

  1. Something about that song does wake up my brain. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Ricki Jill I know how lonely it must be without your little pal always at your side.
    You just wait to hear those little paws tick tick tick on the floor.
    I am glad you are keeping busy and doing things even if it is at home.
    Soon Spring and Summer will be here and you will be so busy that days will be easier.
    I just can't get into this band, even if they are from Vegas...lol.
    Something just makes me turn it off as soon as they come on.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE this song. Noah and I were singing it several times this weekend when we went to Des Moines!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you. I made an American Authors channel today and they Pandora mixed in a lot of Imagine Dragons. I really like them but will pass on ...the apocalypse. :)

    Hope each day gets a little easier for you without Bonnie. Stay warm and prepare for that ice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This weather is ridiculous! It' too cold there, and way too hot here! Stay safe!

    We might break a record from 1902 or 1904 this week. We may hit ninety: 25 degrees above normal for this time of year. The summer is going to be terrible here if things don't turn around quick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really can't get into Imagine Dragons... I've tried...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this one! I'm not a huge fan of theirs, but their songs are infinitely sing-able, and that's always nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is definitely better than "Radioactive." Great selection! I have love/hate relationships with artists/songs as well. That's totally understandable.

    I'm so sorry for your loss :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a great song, my kids are getting tired of listening to me play it over and over and over....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram