Skip to main content

SOCIAL MEDIA

Christmas Cookie Week: Day #3

Wednesday, December 4, 2013


#ChristmasCookies


Welcome to Christmas Cookie Week 2013! This year, 8 bloggers have come together to share a daily recipe for yummy and delicious cookies that we hope will inspire you during this season of Christmas baking! Everyone's from different parts of Canada,  except for me....I'm an Alabama Girl... but we all share a joy of baking which makes for love…fresh from the oven! 



Julie from Sober Julie
Stacey from This Lil’ Piglet
Ricki Jill from Art@Home


Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, MIKE!  It's Hump Day of Christmas Cookie Week! ;D

Of all the cookies we cooked last week, this one was by far the overall favorite because we didn't have any left to freeze.  :D  Shelley even said she'd help me bake more once school's out for Christmas.  I've had this one pinned on Pinterest for a long time, and I'm so happy I got around to baking this brownie-like little cookie.  


 photo 0c24b47f-958d-4b67-82e7-f4c83f45847e.jpg


Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Ingredients:

1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room
  temperature
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Preheat an oven to 350°F. Grease 2 baking sheets with butter. 

Put the confectioners' sugar into a bowl and set aside.

In another bowl, using a wooden spoon, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a rubber spatula. Add 1 egg and beat on medium speed until blended. Add the other egg and vanilla and beat until blended.

Add the flour mixture. Beat on low speed just until blended.

Using a tablespoon, scoop up a rounded spoonful of dough. Scrape the dough off the spoon into the palm of your other hand. Roll the dough into a ball. Roll the ball in the confectioners' sugar until covered. Place the balls on a prepared baking sheet. Repeat, spacing the balls about 2 inches apart.

Bake cookies until they're crackled and puffed, 10 to 12 minutes.  


 photo ee54e5b0-82d9-40fd-88f4-860d0a6cd9d8.jpg


Perfect Pairings:

Hot Chocolate with 1/2 oz. Kahlua

Until next time...

Blessings!
Ricki Jill

10 comments

  1. Ooohh I love the pairing! :)
    These look good. I seem to have a collection of squares so I need to start adding in some actual cookies.
    I had to "cheat" today.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... this one looks very yummy! I love what you and your seven bloggie pals are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm you had me at brownie like cookie! These are on my must make list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look like lovely little cookies! Love your pairing suggestions too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made those yesterday! What a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The house is almost decorated - should finish today except for the tree. And, now it is time to start some baking. The cookies look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look delish! I must try this recipe...I think that they would be an instant favourite! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cookie came out pretty! I love chocolate!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are friendly!


Hello!

I'm Ricki Jill. Welcome! I'm honored that you're reading my blog. I enjoy sharing my creative lifestyle @ The Bookish Dilettante. For more information about my blog, please read the Start Here page. Thank-you for stopping by, and I hope you'll consider following me via email.

Follow me on Instagram